As my 200th blog post, I thought I would take the time today to revisit my top five viewed posts since I started blogging here on WordPress.
- Beastie in My Cupboard – I’m actually really proud of this poem. It was for a prompt for Trifecta. I very much enjoyed writing it and am glad that it has received so much attention.
- Fear – This piece was also written for Trifecta. The difficulty with this one was trying to get all of my thoughts down in only 33 words. It was difficult, but I think, in the end, my point was very clear.
- Nightmare Radio – Was written for The Speakeasy and actually managed to win both the popular vote and the Editor’s Pick. I was amazed by that, and deeply honored! I had fun writing it.
- Lucifer – This was written for Trifecta, again with a 33 word limit. I wanted to convey Lucifer in such a way that would be sympathetic. Not certain that it came across perfectly, but I still enjoyed writing it.
- Babylon – Was written for Trifecta, but with a 99 word limit this time. I’m actually really proud of this piece. Acrostics are difficult to begin with, but add to that the word limit and I struggled very much getting the piece just perfect.
I would like to thank everyone who reads my blog. I don’t think I would be writing this right now if it weren’t for all of you who read and comment and “like” my posts. You are very encouraging and I appreciate each and every one of you.