Do you recharge your energy by going out with friends for a good time or by spending with quiet time alone?
I have a little secret. Ever since moving to Texas, I don’t really have any friends outside of my family. At least not ones that I can spend time with as all of my friends stayed behind in brutally cold Illinois. Therefore, I do a couple of different things to recharge my energy. I either watch Netflix by myself or spend time hanging out with my family. Once in a while I may actually venture out of the house to recharge, but usually it’s with one or both of my kids in tow.
What is the most number of blankets you’ve ever had on your bed?
I currently have two blankets on my bed and one of them is an electric blanket. It’s been a tad cold here in Texas, but it’s due to warm up soon. Hopefully I can get rid of one of my blankets. Coming from Illinois, though, I have been known to have three or more blankets on my bed during the winter months.
You are invited to a party that will be attended by many fascinating people you never met. Would you attend this party if you were to go by yourself?
I’ve been known to go places by myself on occasion. I’m a fairly easy-going person and I love to talk, so attending parties where I don’t know anyone wouldn’t be that big of a deal to me.
Do you like talking to people on the phone? Or do you prefer voice mail or email?
I found this question interesting because it doesn’t ask about texting, which is my preferred method of communication when I actually have a cell phone. However, if I am left with only the choices in the question, then my answer would have to be email. I’m not really a phone person. At least not anymore.
In response to Cee’s Photography – Share Your World – 2014 Week 4
If you had to move to a country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I would probably move to England. I’ve always been fascinated by England ever since reading a book about Katherine Parr (Henry VIII’s sixth wife). If not England, then it would be Ireland as I am Irish.
Music or silence while working?
It depends on what type of work. If it is work where I need to concentrate, then I prefer silence. But if it is work like cleaning, for instance, then music is always a nice way to get into the groove of things.
What is your favorite color?
My favorite color (or non-color such as it is) is black. Next to black it would be red.
Do you have a bucket list? What are your three items? A bucket list are things you want to do before you die.
My short bucket list would be:
- Go to England.
- Meet David Tennant and John Barrowman.
- Publish a novel.
Inspired by: Share Your World
1. What was the most important event in your life last week? My life is kind of pathetic, I guess. The most important event in my life last week was my daughter getting her glasses. She looks seriously cute in them.
2. Who was your favorite singer or music group in high school? In high school, my favorite band was Metallica. I loved blasting their music on my stereo and driving my parents crazy.
3. Name the foreign countries you’ve been to. I’ve been to Canada. My parents and I drove through Canada when I was maybe sixteen. We entered through Michigan I believe and re-entered the United States at Niagara Falls.
4. Does your first or middle name have any significance (or were you named after another family member)? My middle name is Leah and it was given to me so I would always have part of my father’s name even if I married. His middle name is Lee.
Inspired by: Share Your World