My daughter bought me this wonderful book called “500 Writing Prompts” for Mother’s Day. So far I haven’t used it, but decided I would start today. One of the prompts is: Name the top ten things on your bucket list. In the process of doing this, I managed to find a really cool website. Check it out: Bucketlist
From what I can tell, the use of the term “Bucket List” as a list of things you want to do before you die originated with the 2007 movie “The Bucket List” starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
I’ve never really thought about what my personal bucket list would contain, but thought I would give it a shot now. Here is a list of the top ten things on my bucket list:
- I would love to go to the U.K. before I die. It’s a very expensive trip, so it’s not as easy as it sounds.
- Own a house. I know this sounds like something that most people can do, but my finances are not the best in the world and I have never owned my own house.
- Have a book published and have it be a bestseller. Let’s face it, we are all writers here, so I’m sure everyone has this on their bucket list if they haven’t already achieved it.
- I would love to go on a road trip across the country where it’s not about the destination, but about the journey to get there. One where I wouldn’t have to worry about how long the trip takes or about how much it costs.
- Take a cooking class. I know how to make the basics, but I would like to learn how to make new things.
- Go skydiving. I probably will have a heart attack during it, but I wouldn’t mind trying it at least once in my life.
- Learn how to write Gallifreyan. (For those who don’t know, this is the language of the Time Lords from Doctor Who.)
- Would like to see both my kids be successful in whatever they want to do.
- Attend San Diego Comic Con at least one time. (It’s expensive to go there.)
- Meet David Tennant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi and John Barrowman.
This is a Blog Hop! Enter your link below.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…