30-Day Bloggers Group: November 4, 2013 Prompt: Are you competing in NaNoWriMo this month? Have you ever participated in the past? Tell us about your experience. If you have not competed, do you ever want to? How do you combat writer’s block?
I am not doing NaNoWriMo this month. I thought about doing it, but then I realized that I just simply don’t have any ideas for a novel that I wish to pursue at this point in time. I am, however, participating in NaBloPoMo which is a blogging equivalent of NaNoWriMo. Basically a group of bloggers get together and blog everyday. We also read and comment on posts by other bloggers. It’s been quite fun so far.
I suffered from writer’s block for years after my kids were born. It was a combination of exhaustion, not having the time to write, and simply not having the desire to write. Recently I decided I wanted to start writing again, so I joined WDC. Instantly I found endless sources of inspiration and found myself wanting to write daily. I then started a blog on WordPress. It’s not that I don’t love WDC, but there is so much that WordPress can offer in the design of my blog, that I felt it necessary to subscribe to both.
I think every writer is different when it comes to what works for them, but it’s always nice to hear what other writers do to break the writer’s block, because it can be a source of inspiration.
- Community Pool: NaNoWriMo/NaBloPoMo Edition (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- An Introduction to November (sweetswimmer14.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Whato? (mariemeyerbooks.wordpress.com)
- Community Pool: NaNoWriMo/NaBloPoMo Edition (vitcon88888.wordpress.com)
- A Writer’s Blessing for NaNoWriMo Participants (barefootediting.wordpress.com)
- Community Pool: NaNoWriMo/NaBloPoMo Edition (hrsocietyculc.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013: Want to Write a Novel? (peterlantz.wordpress.com)