BlogHer, November 4, 2013 Prompt: Who is your favorite character of all time?
My favorite character of all time is Vanyel Ashkevron from Mercedes Lackey’s Last Herald Mage Series. I love him because Mercedes managed to work so much detail into his existence that he became real to me. I fell in love with him. I felt every ounce of emotion he felt. I felt every triumph and every failure.
Many characters have come to life for me over the years, but none have been so clearly defined as Vanyel. He was a person who suffered from abuse because he was different. He fell in love at a hopelessly young age with a person of the same gender as he was, causing his father to disown him. He lost his soul mate to suicide. He was raped. He eventually found love again. In other words, this character was so very human in so many ways. I could relate to him on almost every level.
Who is your favorite character? Please leave your comments below.
- Daily Prompt: It Builds Character (paddypicasso.wordpress.com)
- A Short Conversation With Two Characters (jitterygt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: It Builds Character (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Interesting Character (kansamuse.me)
- What is your favorite movie or series with cars as characters? The question of the week (technologyka.wordpress.com)
- Miss Havisham (combatbabe.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: It Builds Character (metzgerg4.wordpress.com)