Prompt: Nitpick. Wave your magic wand and change 5 tiny things in the world today.
It’s so hard to pick five tiny things that I would change in the world. I can think of big things easily. Like poverty, hunger, violence, drugs, politics. But tiny things are hard to think of. At first I thought about changing the weather, but then I thought that messing with Mother Nature wasn’t a good idea. The backlash would be huge. So what tiny things can I change that wouldn’t have a huge backlash, but would still make a difference?
- Those idiot drivers who like to try and drive faster than the speed of light. They seem to think that wherever they are going is going to disappear if they don’t make it in record time. I hate those people. But I do love it when they pass me and I end up behind them at a stoplight. The only difference is that they are stopped longer than I am. It serves them right.
- Then there are those people who are in the shopping market who are attached to their cell phones. You know the ones. The ones who insist on chatting with their friends while they are grocery shopping and everyone gets to hear about who cheated on whom and such. They are also the ones who like to stop in the middle of the aisle and block your path. Don’t get me wrong. Cell phones are useful in the market for when you are trying to buy your wife maxi pads and you don’t know which one to get, or something to that effect. But can’t you tell your friend that you will call them later when you have a moment of free, private time? Does everyone really need to hear all of your dirty laundry?
- That leads me to those people on social networks that like to tell everyone their life stories and then complain about the drama in their lives. The ones who want you to feel bad for them because everyone is always picking on them and all you really want to do is shake them and tell them to get over it and move on. Social networking is great. It’s a way to keep up with all the members of your family or to catch up with friends you have lost touch with. But it is also a great way to annoy people with the unbelievable pettiness and mediocrity of your existence. Post what’s important and leave the rest of the crap for your diaries where it belongs.
- The horrendous spelling and grammar that is found on social networking sites! I was so happy when I found that in the blogging community most people could spell fairly well and put together basic sentences. In fact, the only ones that I found that had any issues at all turned out to be written by people that English was a second language, so it is understandable and even forgivable. But I’m talking about the people I grew up with. People who went to the same schools I did. These people for some reason forgot how to spell and use proper punctuation. How did that happen?
- The final tiny thing I would change in the world would be to give each and every person common sense. You would think everyone would have it already since it is called “common” sense, but they don’t. Like the parent who doesn’t pay attention to what their child is doing and their child ends up getting hurt. It actually angers me to no end when I hear said parent say, “I don’t know how it happened!” Idiot, you didn’t pay attention, that’s how it happened. Common sense can go a long way in this world and everybody should have it and actually use it.
Herein ends my rant. I hope you enjoyed my list of tiny things I would change about the world. What’s your list? Please leave your comments below. Feel free to pingback me with your list.