NASA is building a new Voyager spacecraft that will carry the best of modern human culture. What belongs onboard?
It is very difficult for me to think about what is the best thing about modern human culture, or even human culture in general. I feel this way because I read news articles about famous men trying to have sex with 7-year-old girls, or students returning to school after their math teacher was killed by a 14-year-old student, or a gunman holding people hostage during a robbery attempt.
No, it is extremely difficult to find “the best of modern human culture” in a world that is filled with hate and drugs and sex and greed and poverty and hunger. About the only good thing in our culture is our children and that’s only the ones that the adults haven’t managed to damage so completely that they are beyond repair.
There you go, if you want the best of modern human culture, send our children. The ones who are still innocent. The ones who are undamaged by our egotistical greed. Send them before we manage to ruin them.
Inspired by: Daily Prompt: Simply the Best
- Daily Prompt: Simply the Best (qlxf.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Simply the Best (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Simply the Best (tnkerr.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: Simply the Best Post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself (crowarrowinc.wordpress.com)