What’s your favorite cupcake flavor? I’m not really a huge sweets fan, but if I had to choose, my favorite flavor would be chocolate.
The first known mentioning of cupcake can be traced to 1796 when a notation of “a cake to be baked in small cups” was written in American Cookery by Amelia Simmons. It is believed that the name was derived from the fact that cupcakes used to be baked in cups.
I decided it would be fun to include links for different recipes for Halloween cupcakes, since this is October:
- Here is a link to Spoonful.com for 13 Creepy Halloween Cupcakes. http://spoonful.com/halloween/creepy-cupcakes-gallery
- Here is one for MarthaStewart.com for her beautiful cupcakes. http://www.marthastewart.com/274565/halloween-cupcake-recipes/@center/276965/halloween
- And some really cool ones from FoodNetwork.com. http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/halloween-cupcakes/pictures/index.html
Hope you enjoy your day! Have fun eating all those cupcakes! Please leave your comments below. Thank you!
- Grossest Cupcake Ever: Topped with a Maggot, Filled with Creamy Pus (technabob.com)
- Halloween! Cupcake surprise! (alisonbrickmanmakesitwork.wordpress.com)
- Spider Cupcakes Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Candace Nelson’s Tips for Halloween Treats, Plus the Best Dark Chocolate Frosting for Cupcakes (eonline.com)
- Apple-Cinnamon Halloween Cupcakes (cakebysarahjane.wordpress.com)
- Featured Friday Weekely Roundup #2 (thelovelyphotog.com)