October 9th is Moldy Cheese Day. There is no information as to whether or not this is an official National Day and there is no information as to its origins, but let’s talk a little about moldy cheese. Sounds disgusting, right? But many cheese is moldy on purpose. For instance, my favorite, bleu cheese. I love bleu cheese!
But even if you have cheese that isn’t supposed to be moldy and it is a block cheese, all you need to do is cut off the offending parts and the rest of the cheese is still good. However, if you have cottage cheese or cream cheese that becomes moldy, you just want to throw that out.
I’m going to include some recipes using bleu cheese for the fun of it:
1. Bacon and Bleu Cheese Stuffed Chicken
2. Rib-eye with Onion Bleu Cheese Sauce
3. Grilled Romaine with Bleu Cheese Bacon Vinaigrette
Sounds yummy, doesn’t it? What is your favorite bleu cheese recipe? Please comment below. Thanks for reading.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2013 (amccormicknms.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate Dodgers’ Win With The Go Bleu Burger (laist.com)
- The versatility of cheese (tantrumsandtea.wordpress.com)
- For ” Bleu cheese ” lovers! (priceperfecteventchef.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Moldy Cheese Day – October 9th”