1. “You’re Having My Baby” original released in 1974, the year I was born, but I like Corey Montieth’s version.
“The need inside you I see it showin’”
2. “You And Me Against the World” by Helen Reddy. This song always reminded me of my relationship with my mother when I was a child.
“When all the others turn their backs and walked away, You can count on me to stay”
3. “Out Here on My Own” by Irene Cara. For some reason this song always reminded me of my uncle’s death.
“When I’m down and feeling blue I close my eyes so I can be with you”
4. “Like a Virgin” by Madonna for obvious reasons.
“Touched for the very first time”
5. “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels Band. I used to drive my friend crazy singing this song all the time.
“Devil, just come on back if you ever wanna try again, ‘Cause I’ve told you once–you son of a bitch–I’m the best there’s ever been.”
6. “Bells for Her” by Tori Amos. This is for a very dear friend of mine whom I loved with all my heart.
“I’ve got your mind I said she said I’ve your voice I said you don’t need my voice girl you have your own But you never thought it was enough of”
7. “Foolish Games” by Jewel. This is about a person whom I fell in love with and who never really loved me.
“Well in case you failed to notice, In case you failed to see, This is my heart bleeding before you, This is me down on my knees”
8. “Tear In Your Hand” by Tori Amos. This song is for when he told me he didn’t love me that way any more.
“It’s cutting my hands up every time I touch you”
9. “Winter” by Tori Amos. This song always reminds me of my babies.
“When you gonna make up your mind When you gonna love you as much as I do”
10. “Someone Like You” by Adele. This is for the father of my children. When we found him again after 14 years, he was living with his girlfriend and this song had come on the radio on the ride to his house.
“Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead”
Inspired by: Daily Prompt