Day 5 – Your First Horror Movie
I was only a few months old when “The Exorcist” started showing at a local drive-in and my parents took my brother and me to go see it. Obviously I don’t remember it from that time. I’m pretty certain I just slept through it. But when I was around four years old we lived in a really small town and only received something like two stations on our television. This is when I saw the movie again and actually had memory of it.
The movie scared me to death for years. I would have nightmares about demon-possessed Regan on a regular basis. Of course, I did see the re-release of the movie years later where they added deleted scenes. For some reason, it had lost its impact on me and I was no longer afraid. I think I may have been desensitized over the years to horror movies.
I think it would be fantastic though to see this movie completely remade with today’s technology. What do you think? What was your first horror movie? Please leave your comments below. Thank you.
“Look, your daughter doesn’t say she’s a demon. She says she’s the devil himself. And if you’ve seen as many psychotics as I have, you’d know it’s like saying you’re Napoleon Bonaparte.”
~ Father Damien Karras, “The Exorcist”
- “The Exorcist” is Still a Scary Friggin’ Movie (backtothepast.tv)
- Top 20 Horror Movies (topbestofcinema.wordpress.com)
- 5 Horror Movies I Still Have Yet To See (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- 5 For Friday: 5 Horror Movies With Really Stupid Endings (Spoilers!) (niethampubolon.wordpress.com)
- Exorcist and the Monstrous Child (horrorfilm240.wordpress.com)
- 31 Days of Horror: The Exorcist (pop-break.com)
- Creepy kids (horrorfilm240.wordpress.com)
- Children are creepy (horrorfilm240.wordpress.com)